7 replies to this topic

#1 ExtremeOne

ExtremeOne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:02 AM

I have noticed many times that when you create a movie for the week

Within the first day the title will either be in contention for the week or barely be voted on at all.

This would be perfect if this was a true reflection of the votes cast and all titles were displayed an equal number of times.

I strongly suspect that this is not the case.

I acted on my suspicions one week, after a number of days at the bottom of the list of contenders,

I decided to cycle through the titles until my title appeared.

2700 diamonds later I was able to vote on my title.

At the end of the week my film finished with 1 vote (admittedly quite an expensive vote)

I suggest that the number of times a film is displayed be visible to players.

I would demand it - but I will settle for suggesting it at this time :)

I would also like to see more clarity in exactly how the voting system works.

I would also like to see an option to vote for neither of the choices presented, since - at times - I would like to not vote for such works under the protest of a complete lack of artistic sense.

Love the Game, I would love to not get frustrated by it quite so often.

• Blackcat likes this

#2 RodGobbler

RodGobbler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:18 AM

Sounds good! Also, I'm not sure that having votes as a mission reward works very well. People could be deliberately avoiding voting but still making movies, which would mean that they could get the benefits of the awards without contributing to the votes. How about making voting a mandatory thing? Maybe every time you make a movie you also have to vote?

#3 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • World:UK1
  • Character:Kaitee
  • Studio:GIRLS BRAVO STUDIOS

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:31 AM

Is there any reason someone would avoid voting, though? I mean there's the extra reward for making a vote, granted the notes aren't much but a lot of votes give XP rewards which are pretty decent since they're essentially free (so far as I can tell the missions with votes attached don't have their own rewards lowered, so that vote-XP is a bonus), and on rare occasions there are skill points, diamonds, even new clothes. Plus there's always the chance you'll be able to vote for yourself, long odds but it can happen. I feel like anyone purposefully avoiding making votes is already losing out on a bunch of rewards, and the chance that they're improving the odds for their films by not voting for anyone else's are pretty slim.

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#4 RodGobbler

RodGobbler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:15 AM

Well the 'rewards' for voting are pretty random and vary hugely. Given a choice between a known reward and a mystery reward, the known reward makes more sense. Especially if the player is trying to maximize notes or experience.

#5 Kaitee

Kaitee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • Character:Kaitee
  • Studio:GIRLS BRAVO STUDIOS

Posted 09 May 2016 - 23:36 PM

The rewards do vary yeah, but they also happen often, overall I feel like they're much more of a sure thing when it's all added up. The note values are pretty small but I'd say it's guaranteed you'll get XP for about half your votes, and at least once a week you'll get an extra special one that has a diamond or a stat point. Whereas sure you know exactly what the prize for getting the #1 film is, but you can never be sure you'll get it, even if you make the perfect film cover, you might just not be lucky with whether other people vote for it. I think for anyone trying to maximise, they're better off voting as often as possible for those guaranteed rewards, and if the film also gets a reward, that's a bonus.

bbe-sig-bgt.png

#6 Rochu

Rochu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Character:Rochu
  • Studio:Striped Pantsu

Posted 11 May 2016 - 22:54 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing the % of boycott on my movies, but I really doubt there's anything wrong with the system :O And what I mean by that is seeing the amount of my movie being displayed and comparing it to the votes amount :)

Aaanyhow, as long as you do like 14+ movies a week you almost always end up up there unless your cover is just horrible. x)

• Shantsu likes this

#7 Dazler

Dazler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • World:UK2
  • Character:Dazler
  • Studio:Angels & Sinners

Posted 18 November 2016 - 20:44 PM

I had to choose between two members of my studio recently.  It would have been nice to know that actor who made the film.  It would be great if the author of the film were listed next to the movie cover.

#8 Gigi71

Gigi71

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 19:54 PM

If there was a player's name attached to the films on the voting ballot, it would be a vote for popularity. Players would vote for players they like or not vote for players they don't like. Without the names it levels the playing field a bit. However, I agree that the voting system seems a little flawed.
  • Blackcat likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users